Old Wardour Castle

Josiah Lane was working on the grotto at Old Wardour by 1792 for Lord Arundell. This is an impressive 30’ high structure of limestone tufa within the Bailey of the old castle. There are no seats nor shell decoration- the building was used purely as a romantic ruin to contrast with the castle fabrique.

Get In Touch

12 Bathwick Street, Bath, UK, BA2 6NY  

Tel: 07984990199

E: margaret_hull@hotmail.co.uk

  • Instagram
  • Facebook

© All images by Margaret Hull. Copyright 2010-2021. All rights reserved - please see our copyright notice.

© 2019 by Tilly Haines. Created with Wix.com